I'm Obsessed With Horseshoe Crabs

I love horseshoe crabs.

There. I said it.  People say that admitting you have a problem is half the battle.  If I admit I have probably fifty horseshoe crab molts (and some straight up preserved adult shells), the other half of the battle is won.

I have them stored by size and condition. In large plastic bins.  Waiting for my brain to come up with stuff.  I have way too many ideas, but too many visitors (grandchildren, my adult children) to be able to go hog wild with my inventions.

I don't want witnesses.

These are the most remarkable creatures.  When it's molting time, or egg laying season, and I'm in my collecting mode, I hand the molts out to children passing by on the shoreline. I take every advantage to open a dialogue about the AWESOME AMAZING HORSESHOE CRAB!  But I'll go into that in another post.  For now, here are a few of my horseshoe crab home decor items that I've made, and sold.

My "business" is called Bogtrotter Designs of Waves, Woods and Whimsy.
I like to make beautiful things for the serious homeowner, and whimsical things for kids and adults with a kid still living inside.  Either way, making someone happy with one of my creations makes me happy too.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corn Husks and Acorn Caps Sunflower Wreath

Junk Trunk to Coffee Table....Easy!

Platform Bed